1.24.2011

Beige is so blah... Or is it?

I am a long time subscriber and lover of Elle Decoration UK Edition.  I literally squeal when I see the plastic wrapped glossy in the mailbox every month.  Straight from England to my doorstep, I read it cover to cover.  The February issue arrived today and I randomly flipped to a section about Beige.  The article is titled, 'Beautiful beige.'   The little blurb under the title reads, "We predict a revival for this classic hue, with sophisticated combinations of shades and textures that are a world away from drab."

Beige?!??!  Really?  I can't think how or why beige would be in.  Was it ever in?  Is it going to be in?  Why is it even an acceptable color palette for interiors except maybe for the leather interior of a car and even then, beige is so... well, to put it lightly, it's blah...  Just my opinion.

But because I believe that Elle Decoration features the most fabulous in everything to date, I needed to understand why they had featured beige as the new it 'Style Steal.'
So I stared really hard at the pictures in the spread.
And I stared some more...

Okay.  The pictures are quite nice.  It wasn't all THAT bad.  I wouldn't personally choose beige as a color scheme for MY home.  (I covet COLOR!)  But I generally got the idea.  There is a calming quality to beige.  (Which is why it's still kind of blah to me, but I am now more accepting of this color palette)  The sumptuous or sometimes contradicting smooth textures paired with the beiges are interesting and quite inviting.  With my new found acceptance, I HAD to do more research.  What's out there that is so Beautifully beige?

I actually found some lovely Beige interiors!
Take a look.

Nordic, Whimsical Holiday Beige

 Exotic Locale Beige (Check out the cool light fixture)

 Kind of Ethnic Materials and Beige

 Downtown Beige

 Modern Bathroom Beige

 Tasteful Platform Bed and Alcove Beige

 Metallics and Beige

 Wallpaper Extravaganza Beige

 Minimalist Beige (Gotta love the cowhide rug)

 Bold, graphic rug and Beige

 Boring Sectional but fancy cut-out rug Beige

 Striped Beige

 Kid-friendly Beige

 Red and Beige (Cute Pairing of colors)

 Traditional Japanese tatami room Beige

 LOVE the glass partition Beige

 Don't know why but I like this kitchen, but I do Beige

 Wall Mural Beige

 Drawing Room Beige

Gold Bling Tile and Beige

What are your thoughts on Beige???
All photos are from Interior Design And Decoration

2 comments:

  1. I love the room with the graphic rug and the red and beige room...beige with an unexpected pop of color is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! The contrasts make even beige look scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete